Vibrant Historic Sights Near Our West Point Military Academy Hotel
Explore the history of the Hudson Valley region from The Thayer Hotel. As one of the most famous and historic West Point Military Academy hotels, located directly on the Academy’s hallowed grounds, we offer effortless access to a diverse range of fascinating sights. With a 400-year tradition of welcoming guests, the museums, Revolutionary War battlefields, lighthouses, and charming villages of the Hudson Valley region have enchanted millions. Contact the concierge at our hotel near West Point Military Academy to learn more about popular attractions or to arrange tours and riverboat cruises.
- Boscobel, Garrison, New York, this 19th Century mansion, directly across the river from West Point on Route 9D (just one mile south of Cold Spring village), is noted for its guided house tours, period furnishings, groomed gardens and breathtaking views of the Hudson River and its Highlands. For more information call (845) 265-3638.
- Crawford House, Newburgh, New York, built in 1830, the house is modeled after English country homes of the Palladian tradition. Enjoy spectacular views of Newburgh Bay. Open Sundays, June through October. For more information, call (845) 561-2585.
- Historic Warwick Village, Warwick, New York,specialty shops, antiques, art galleries, and historic houses including Baird's Tavern, Shingle House, 1810 House, Ketchum House, and the Old School Baptist Meeting House. For more information, call (845) 986-2720.
- Kykuit Rockefeller Mansion, Tarrytown, New York, Kykuit, home to four generations of the Rockefeller family commands a breathtaking view of the Hudson River and occupies a landscape of extensive stone terraces, formal gardens, and glorious fountains. For more information call (914) 631-8200.
- Lyndhurst, Tarrytown, New York, experience a magnificent Gothic-style mansion and 67-acre estate that once belonged to entrepreneur Jay Gould. For more information call (914) 631-4481.
- New Windsor Cantonment State Historic Site
New Windsor, New York,final encampment of Washington's Army. Visitors Center, exhibits; living history, blacksmithing, musket and artillery demonstrations daily. Groups by appointment. For more information call (845) 561-1765.
- Sunnyside, Tarrytown, New York,a national historic landmark, Sunnyside is the meticulously restored and charmingly picturesque home of author Washington Irving. It enjoys a quiet and unspoiled riverside setting in Tarrytown, New York. For more information call (914) 631-8200.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. The Museum is centered on the aircraft carrier Intrepid (CVS-11), one of the most successful ships in US history, and now a national historic landmark and one of the most unique attractions in New York City. For more information, click here.
- The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor commemorates the extraordinary sacrifices of America's servicemen and servicewomen who were killed or wounded in combat. The mission of the Hall of Honor is to collect and preserve the stories of Purple Heart recipients from all branches of service and across generations to ensure that all recipients are represented. For more information, click here.
- Van Cortlandt Manor, Croton-on-Hudson, New York, enjoy a trip back into the past at this 18th Century manor house, tavern, and other historic buildings, with period gardens. For more information, call (914) 631-8200.
- Washington's Headquarters State Historic Site, Newburgh, NY, General George Washington's longest stay at a Revolutionary War headquarters occurred in Newburgh (1782-83) at the Hasbrouck family's Dutch-style stone farmhouse. Adjacent museum features orientation video and galleries on the Continental Army's activities in the Hudson Valley. For more information call (845) 561-1195.
- Fort Montgomery Battle site (site of Twin Forts Rev War battle)and Stony Point Battlefield (site of Mad Anthony Wayne's significant defeat of the British during the Rev War) are only minutes away from the USMA campus
Learn about recreational activities at our Hudson Valley hotel.
A Timeless Favorite Among Hotels Near West Point Military Academy
Experience the pomp and pageantry of West Point at The Thayer Hotel, the only full-service luxury hotel on the Hudson River from the George Washington Bridge to Albany, NY. Book your reservations at this West Point Military Academy hotel directly through this site for exceptional rates.