The Historic Thayer Hotel at West Point is delighted to share which guestrooms in our hotel have specific accessibility features. Please contact us at info@TheThayerHotel.com or 845-446-4731, ext. 1, for more information or to book the room that best meets your needs.
Our elevators have raised Braille descriptors on the control pads.
Rooms 229, 326, 329, 426, 429, 526, 529 are all feature the following accessibility features:
- Exterior door peephole at wheelchair height.
- Push button in the corridor outside of the room that triggers a signal light so hearing impaired guests know when someone is at the door.
- In-room thermostat at wheelchair height.
- In-room corridors are wide and can accommodate a wheelchair.
- Bathroom door that accommodates a wheelchair.
- Large bathroom.
- Toilet seats have both side and rear rails.
- Bathroom sink at ADA height.
- Shower/ Bathtubs have grab bars.
- Wall mounted hairdryer at wheelchair height.
- Extended chains on window shades.
- Closet has additional lower shelf and hanging bar.
In addition, Room 7201 features a 5-foot turning radius in the bathroom and audible and visual fire alarms. Room 7201 is an Executive Suite that is accessible by elevator. All Executive Suites have Braille descriptors outside of the guestrooms.
We have shower chairs, a slide seat for shower and an over the toilet seat rack available upon request. We also have an ADA kit for those who are hard of hearing. Please inquire at time of reservation.
To book an accessible room online, please select one of the following room types during the booking process: Deluxe Queen, Deluxe King, Premium King, or Executive Super Suite. Please phone the hotel at 845-446-4731, ext. 1, to confirm that you will require an Accessible Room in the room type that you have confirmed.
Service animals are welcome at the hotel. There is no extra charge for bringing your service animal, however; please make sure to bring necessary supplies (food, water bowl, bed, etc.) that your service animal may require during your stay as the Hotel is not equipped with those items.
You may also book your accessible room by calling 845-446-4731, ext. 1, to speak with a member of our Guest Services team.